Monday, June 13, 2011

Its Okay to root for Somebody to fail.

My wife and i were discussing that it somehow does not feel right to root for somebody else to fail and for a few minutes I kind of accepted that. But in Lebron Jame's case I am going to make an ardent exception.

These were the comments of King James after his epic fail in game six of the playoffs.

All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

Okay your royal highness. You made an assumption when you brought your talents to South Beach that you would just win a title. It is something you were entitled to. You also make an assumption
 that everybody who does live your life has a life worse than yours.That simply is not the case. Yes we all have the same problems we had yesterday. So do you King James. You are still a tool and think you are entitled to a life better than everybody else and hopefully you learned you are not entitled to an NBA title. You still have to make the foul shots and play defense for a full 48 minutes.

But we not only rooted for King James to fail. We were happy to see Dallas win a championship. Dallas paid its dues and played as a team. They beat our Portland Trail Blazers on the way to the championship. My initial response was not to root for Dallas, but one the Portland series was over it was easy to recognize that this team deserved it. They won with gritty determination and and the ability to come through in the clutch.

You have to love that. 

You know what happens when you make an assumption, but in this case (especially given your comments) you only made an ass out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment