Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cheating on My Kindle

Books are Better than Ebooks Much To My Surprise


Well in a round about way. I am a big fan of the Kindle and I was one of the first to scoop one up at a hefty price tag. It was a sweet gift from my wife. So I have a bit of an sentimental attachment to my kindle.

My wife also got me into a book club with some of her classmates from grad school. It is a great group and I really like going to book club. Every book we have read has been interesting to say the least. But many in the book club are teachers so they want pay as little as possible for a book, So our goal is to get books at the Library or even at local thrift shops. Which for the last six months our books have been of the old fashioned variety. Yes books with covers, books with pages and books that sit on the coffee table that say, “Read Me”.

And then there have been books that I read outside of bookclub that for some reason or the other were books of the traditional variety. “What is the What: sits on my coffee table and says read me. It has been six straight months of old fashioned books.

I hadn’t even noticed that I had not read my kindle for six months. I have deeply enjoyed everybook I have read. I more than likely would have loved them on the kindle. Nut they would not have been sitting on the coffee table saying, “Read Me” But the story probably would have lure me much the same.

I still love my kindle, but as the masses now think it is cool to read a Kindle that they have been sucked in by the hype that is now advertising. My initial allure to the Kindle was word of mouth. That’s usually how I make my consumer decisions.

No judgemrnt is made on my part here, Hey if a slick advertising campaign has everybody reading again. So be it. The influenced masses amay find books once again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment